|Clerk to the Comptroller
|Phone & Fax:
69 County Route 57A
Phoenix, NY 13135
The Comptroller's Office provides an abundance of services that support the Town's financial and business operations. Some items that processed by the Comptroller are:
- Audit payments to vendors for accuracy, compliance with procurement policy, and to ensure amounts are within budgetary limits.
- Process payroll for all Town employees and related payroll taxes, including tax filing and reporting.
- Administer employee benefit plans and personnel plans.
- Process monthly financial reports to represent the financial condition of the Town.
- Maintain all accounting records, including fixed assets.
- Prepare and submit the Annual Financial Report (AUD) to the New York State Comptroller's Office.
- Manage and invest Town funds to achieve maximum rates of return while ensuring the safety of the principal.
- The Comptroller acts as the Budget Officer and prepares the Annual Budget.
- Audit of departments accounting activity.